Thursday 14 February 2013

News 3 - Jack's Surprised 65th Birthday - Orchid Thai Fusion Restaurant - 10th Feb.2013

News 3 - 2013    PLUS    A Note of Thanks from Jack
 
Hope you had a relaxed day with snow all around.  It was such a
beautiful experience for Jack and me and we were like children playing
in the snow, walked to church for Mass, I fell in the soft sand it was
God's beauty for us to thank and praise HIM.  Neighbours out, shoveling,
snow blowing and having coffee with neighbours it was fun.
  
All year round I had been planning for a lovely celebration for Jack and for
my 60th but I should have known that things don’t always work as we plan.

So for my 60th Birthday, Jack and my children organised it beautifully and
gave me a wonderful surprise along with our friends in London, UK.
Thanks to them and to all my friends.  Since this was a success and an
enjoyable one I thought in my head I should be able to do one for 
Jack's 65th Birthday here in Oakville but my body was just not willing with
the Jet lag from returning from Melbourne, I had no strength and this is
where Rudy and Allan stepped in, encouraged me and helped me.  So I sent
a quick email “Jack will be 65 on Wednesday the 13th Feb.2013 and being
ASH WEDNESDAY it will not be possible to celebrate on that day hence I
am having it on Sunday the 10th Feb. at Orchid Thai Fusion Restaurant. We
celebrated with 16 friends.

It was a real surprise for Jack with balloons and a big Black forest Gateaux
and it was very emotional as we missed Maryann and John. Jack wrote a
note of thanks:

Dear all,

Thank you all for colluding with Mel and giving my 64th year such a
wonderful send off and welcoming my 65th. It was great being with such
good friends. Within such a short time you have all been so welcoming to
Mel and I in Canada and made us feel at home. Two years have nearly gone
by and it has been true friendship from you that has made our stay here so
enjoyable.
Thank you for the selection of gifts which will keep me busy for the whole
of this year, reading while eating chocolates, drinking wine and ticking off
the days on the 2013 calendar thinking of England till the next birthday
comes- you know that I am not retired yet.

Thank you again and God Bless.

Jack

Post note from Rudy on my actual birthday which I thought is very
appropriate: “A small note to wish you A Happy Birthday. What a way
to start a new year with the imposition of ashes and to hear those
words..."Remember Man that you are dust, and dust you shall
return............" but not so sooooon.............!”. For those who are not
of the Catholic faith this refers to the application of ashes at the start
of Lent on Ash Wednesday which is also a day of fast and abstinence.
   
Well my dears another major milestone is gone and now we are flying
to Brazil on the 14th Feb.  Valentine's Day which was planned long time
ago and our friends Beena, Krishnan and Shana are joining us from
London, UK.

Take care, HAPPY LENT again and let us pray for each other.

Lots of love and God Bless

Mel and Jack

 

 

 

 

 

 



 
















No comments:

Post a Comment