Sunday 1 April 2012

My time spent in Goa and The Wedding - News 18

Whilst I try to get these photos in the right order, please enjoy them.


Hope you all are fine and tuning with Lent for those who are Christians!!!   I just cannot believe that it is here and for the first time in my 35 years with Jack we were not together for the beginning of Lent, missed our Wedding Anniversary, his Birthday and Valentine Day.  Do you know that the post that I sent saying 'Missing You' and a Birthday card from Bangalore on the 12th of Jan only arrived around the 21st of Feb.  Well we cannot rely on Post anymore!!
Neves and Marcia
I had 4 fantastic days at my friend Marcia and Neves's home in Goa.  We used to go for daily morning Mass and daily evening walks.  Helping in the garden with Neves was fun as they have some lovely plants and trees.  I would love to go back there with Jack as they are such fun loving friends.  I really have to thank them for their love.  Then they dropped me to the Highland Beach Resort in Candolium and the timing was just perfect as our friends Manjit and his dad, Surender, Hardeep and Daljit/Darren the newly wed couple arrived from UK at the same time.  It made everything easier to settle in their apartment. They did a wonderful job of getting other apartments too for different members of the family.  A nice location with swimming pool with lots of holiday makers from the UK. It did not take me long to talk to them and enjoy listening to their stories.  I enjoyed meeting Manjit and Surender's family and friends from Punjab, Pune, Dubai, Bangalore and UK and Canada.  They are such fun, warm and loving people.  I got a long very well with them and we still keep in touch which is caring.
Charandeep, Surender, Daljit and Hardeep


Chess board in the venue of the couple's wedding celebration in Goa


Daljit showing her Mendhi

Mel showing off her hands!

Sunset and beach at the wedding venue

Lovely new friends at the wedding


The wonderful but crazy guests..!

Our accommodation  in Goa


I really was touched with their 3 days of celebration which included one day at Zebop Resort for Mendhi and Sangeet which is art decorating on arms and feet for the bride but all of us got an opportunity to get it done which was fun and the evening included dancing and food, then another day to Zeal Resort for putting bangles on the bride, exchanging gifts and tying something around the wrist and putting some tumeric paste on the face and arms.  The tumeric and the tying on the wrist included Darren and since his parents sadly passed away last year I was honoured to represent his mom and I will continue to do so.  I am lucky to have him as he is a really a gentle and loving person.  Maryann likes him but John has not met him yet.  We had one free day to go and look at the wedding location when Daljit and Darren took me along and at the end of the day treated me to a massage, feet and arms pedicure/manicure.  The third day was Gurdwara (Sikh temple) ceremony when they are actually married, rested and then at last went to the reception to Zurie in South Goa.  Beautiful location, beautiful beach front, plenty of drinks, food and music.  All in all a really memorable wedding and a memorable stay in INDIA after which I then flew to London via Mumbai on the 16th Feb.
Darren and Daljit
Please do take care and keep in touch.

Love and God Bless

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment